NDIS Service Agreements At Cooee And How They Help.
The team at Cooee Speech Pathology endeavour to provide everyone with an inclusive and supportive environment for children, carers and families to thrive. One of the ways in which we do this is with a complimentary service agreement meeting for families who have received funding through the National Disability Insurance Scheme. Our team of caring, enthusiastic and dedicated professionals in Brisbane’s north are committed to helping our clients develop and reach their full potential through evidence-based practices and fun and friendly paediatric speech and occupational therapy services.
Who can receive a service agreement meeting?
All families who have received funding through the National Disability Insurance Scheme are entitled to a complimentary service agreement meeting with either our director, practice manager or one of our therapists. A service agreement meeting is approximately 1 hour in length and is the perfect opportunity for families, parents and carers to discuss the needs of their child, what supports they would like to assist in meeting their goals for their child and what those supports will look like.
For NDIS participants who are plan or agency managed a service agreement meeting is required at Cooee prior to assessments and/or therapy sessions commencing. For NDIS self managed participants service agreement meetings are not compulsory. However, if a self managed participant would like to complete a service agreement we are more than happy to do so. You can also find more information about NDIS services at Cooee Speech Pathology here.
How a service agreement can help
Service agreement meetings provide the family or participant representative with a valuable opportunity to discuss in depth how they would like their child to be supported. At Cooee we respect your right to have choice and control over how you would like your child to be best supported on their therapy journey. The National Disability Insurance Scheme is a scheme that supports the independence and social and economic participation of people with disability, and enables people with a disability to exercise choice and control in the pursuit of their goals and the planning and delivery of their supports.
Here at Cooee, our speech pathologists and occupational therapists take an engaging and developmental approach, equipping participants and parents, families and carers with functional strategies to empower growth. Here are some of the ways in which a service agreement meeting can help:
- We listen to what the needs of the participant are, how you would like to be supported and offer you choice and control around supports and your agreement.
- We discuss the roles and responsibilities of the provider and the participant to allow all parties to be aware of expectations and rights.
- We gather necessary client contact information
- We determine how the client is managed, self, plan or agency managed, and explain how their funds will be managed and how invoices and service bookings are created.
- We develop a schedule of supports in collaboration with the family/participant representative to best support them on their therapy journey. This involves any assessments required, the length and frequency of regular therapy sessions and any meetings and reports required by the family.
- We discuss policy information in relation to the service agreement, therapy attendance and progress, cancellations and additional resources that may be required.
- We also discuss how you can provide feedback and access to additional independent supports through Disability advocates.
Want more information?
Please do not hesitate to contact a member of our friendly client care team at reception with any questions. We know that this can all get fairly confusing and we are here to help and assist you! You can contact us here, via email at [email protected] or call us on (07) 3265 4495. We would be happy to help!