About our Geebung child speech pathology clinic
Speech pathology and paediatric occupational therapy for Brisbane’s north suburbs
Cooee Speech Pathology is a private paediatric speech therapy and occupational therapy service for children aged 18 months to 18 years in north Brisbane suburbs including Chermside, Northgate, Wavell Heights and Zillmere.
Our therapy approach is family-orientated, working with parents, caregivers and organisations to assist children to reach their full communication potential. We also run a range of parent education workshops with our child speech pathologists and occupational therapists, helping parents help their kids at home.
Cooee Speech Pathology provides child speech pathology assessment and treatment for children who are having difficulty with:
- speech pronunciation and clarity
- sentences and grammar
- following directions or comprehension
- children who are or may be late-to-talk
- literacy, including reading, spelling and writing
- children with a diagnosis.
We also have paediatric occupational therapists working with us. Our Occupational Therapists provide assessment and intervention for:
- fine and gross motor skills, including handwriting
- attention, concentration and organisational skills
- activities of daily life (e.g. dressing, toileting, sleep)
- developmental skills, e.g. playing, socialising
- sensory processing skills
No doctor’s referral is necessary, simply contact the team directly to discuss your concerns. We can also provide information about private health insurance rebates for your child’s speech pathology or occupational therapy services.