Paediatric occupational therapy, Alderley
At Cooee Speech Pathology, we provide caring and professional occupational therapy for children in Brisbane north suburbs. Our experienced team is passionate about helping children develop and reach their full potential through fun and friendly, family centred, paediatric occupational therapy services.
We take an engaging and developmental approach, equipping kids and parents with functional strategies to empower their own growth.
Some of the diagnoses we work with include:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Down Syndrome
- Fragile X
- Cerebral Palsy
- Global Developmental Delay
Child occupational therapy
Working with parents, kids and teachers, we will undertake an assessment of your child and develop a personal paediatric occupational therapy program to help improve:
- fine motor skills
- gross motor skills
- activities of daily living: toileting, dressing, mealtimes, routines, bedtime
- sensory processing, improving engagement, concentration and ‘wiggliness’
- executive function difficulties e.g. difficulty inhibiting impulse actions, organising belongings, planning how to do a task, difficulty with attention, tuning in
- organisation and following instructions (including remembering instructions)
- social skills
- play skills
We can also incorporate child speech pathology as part of your child’s development program, as well as specialised child occupational therapy school holiday programs.
Please contact us to book an appointment. Find more information about the first appointment here!