Marion is the founder & director of Cooee Speech Pathology, with over a decade experience in Speech Pathology, entrepreneurship, small business and team leadership. As a therapist, Marion’s passion areas including working with school aged children in the areas of oral language development and literacy skills. Marion loves supporting children to unlock their own ability to understand and express themselves and then use these skills to learn and grow in their academic and social settings. Marion understands that any growth is a journey, and this is true for both kids, their families, and also for the team members who support our clients. She brings this growth mindset to all areas of the business.
In the area of personal development, Marion has accessed additional training as an Integral Development Coach. Under this hat, Marion has been providing team trainings and individual mentoring since 2011, and with additional coach training in 2020, began facilitating 1:1 coaching and Team Development Sessions. Marion is a trained Master Practitioner in Neurolinguistic Programming through The Coaching Room Australia, with additional study in:
- Integrating Polarities via Integral Life.com
- Oxford Women’s Leadership Course through the Said Business School – 6 weeks
- Integral Leadership Course, The Coaching Room – 10 weeks
- Enneagram Personality Profiling, The Enneagram Academy – 2 Day Course
What extra training have you completed (Speech Pathology Specific)?
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- DIR Floortime Online Training
- Derbyshire Language Scheme.
- Professional developments in a wide range of areas including Language Sampling, Narrative Assessment and Intervention, Central Auditory Processing Disorder, Working Memory Disorders,Correlations between Behaviour and Communication and the Children’s Health and Education Research Institute Conference 2015 which focused on interventions for language, learning and literacy.
In addition to this, I am an Academic Title Holder with the University of QLD, and an active member of the Speech Pathology Australia, currently volunteering as the Branch Chair of the QLD Branch.
What extra trainings have you delivered?
- I have presented at Kindergartens, Schools and Universities in a range of areas. In fact it’s one of my favourite things to do! Some of these presentations include:
- Development of Speech and Language Skills in the Kindy Years
- Preparing for Prep
- Scaffolding Children in the Classroom (Inservice for School Officers)
- Reading Comprehension (Inservice for Teachers)
- Ethics in the Digital Age (University Guest Lecture)
- Ethical Situations in Private Practice
- Numerous Team Development Sessions & facilitation of Team Retreats & Culture Days in a variety of areas related to personal & professional development
What Marion says about working at Cooee
Cooee is an incredibly diverse, exciting and innovative organization where each individual is encouraged to thrive. We see our work as an opportunity to contribute to the community, help make a difference, and also a context through which we ourselves can also grow and develop as individuals. Working with the Cooee team is truly a pleasure, and I look forward to all that is to come ahead on our journey together.