Name: Thida Hantun
Where did you study?
Bachelor of Speech Pathology (Hons) at the University of Queensland
Why did you go into paediatric speech pathology?
Going into the Speech Pathology degree, I thought I wanted to go into adults. However, upon completing my first paediatrics placement I immediately switched because I was fascinated by the variation in profiles between all the kids, and I loved being able to collaborate with parents to find approaches that worked best for them. I also loved hearing the exciting stories children told from their weekends!
Why do you love your job?
I love my job because I love being able to work collaboratively with families to help them identify what is important for their child, and work with them to reach these goals. I love fostering confidence in the children I work with so they are able to freely express themselves and engage with their environment.
Favourite toy to use in therapy: Rocket Shooters and bubbles!!
What additional training have you completed?
- Lady Cilento Paediatric Feeding Workshop (2018)
- Lidcombe Program training (2017)
- DIR & DIRFloortime Online Training and 101 workshop (2018 & 2019)
- Tony Atwood & Michelle Garnett Challenging Behaviours in Classic Autism (2019)
- Bernadette Feeney Supporting Social Communication Development through Relationships (2019)
- Queensland Language Disorder & Written Language Difficulties (2018)
- QLD Update on Developmental Language Disorder (2020)
- LAMP (Language Acquisition through Motor Planning) AAC (2018)
What training have you delivered?
- Bilingualism Parent Workshop
- Challenging Behaviours in Classic Autism CPD
- Get Set for Prep – Prep Readiness Parent Workshop