Name: Georgia West
Where did you study?
La Trobe University – Bachelor of Applied Science with a Masters of Speech Pathology.
Why did you get into paediatric speech pathology?
I have always wanted to work with children and I love helping families to make a positive impact on their lives. I attended speech therapy when I was younger and enjoyed playing games and becoming confident in my speech. I love having the opportunity to pay that forward.
Why do you love your job?
Communication is so important for everyday life and I love working with children and their families to help them to reach their full potential. I also love being able to have fun whilst I work and enjoy getting to hear fun and exciting stories every day.
Favourite toys to use in therapy?
Playdough, Lego and bubbles.
What extra training have you completed?
- DIR Floortime Online Training (2020)
- Level 1 Auslan (2019)
- Thinking Vocabulary & Treatment Frameworks (2020)
- Certificate of Developmental, Learning and Behaviour Disorders (Children and Adolescents) (2020)
- Trained in Cued Articulation (2019)
- Introduction to paediatric feeding (2020)
- Certificate in Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) (2020)